Do you love to quilt, knit or crochet?
Foster Hope makes up back packs for children going into foster care. Are you crafty and able to help us?
How you can help:
- Knit or crochet items to go in back packs to infants under 2 years old (cardigans, beanies, booties, pram blankets)
- Sew quilts – any size from baby through to bed size
- Knit blankets (below are some basic patterns for knitted blankets)
- Sew marble mazes (see details below)
- Donate wool, quilting fabric or wadding or money for raw products
One young man who we gave a quilt to wrote a thank you that said “No one ever thought so much of me that they gave me something that they done themselves“ which I think sums it up perfectly.
If this sounds like something you would like to do, we’d love for you to get involved.
Items can be dropped off at drop off points around the country where we would love to receive your knitted goods, quilts or raw materials.
Our craft co-ordinator is Janet Wyeth who is based at 14 Broman Place, Half Moon Bay, Auckland, 2012 or if you would like any further information, please email Janet at [email protected]
Basket Weave Blanket Pattern
Wavy Ripples Blanket Pattern
Triangles Blanket Pattern
Baby Beanies Pattern (4ply)
Baby Beanies Pattern (8ply)
Marble Maze Instructions